Lash Extensions After Care
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES TO HELP KEEP YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS LOOKING BEAUTIFUL.
- Be gentle with your new lashes, do not get them wet for the first 24 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch
- Avoid swimming, steam rooms, hot showers, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes. Note: any actions that repeatedly puts stress on your lashes will cause premature shedding.
- Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions. Be sure to use your lash cleaner.
- Do not use waterproof mascara. Note: the repeated use of mascara may shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions by compromising the adhesive bonds
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Avoid sleeping directly on your lashes. Note: that the side you normally sleep on is more susceptible to shedding.
- Avoid excess heat. When opening an over door or the lid to a grill, let the heat come out a few seconds before your put your face close to this kind of heat as it can damage your lashes. This also includes blow dryers and lighting cigarettes.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited. It is recommended that you do so every 2-3 weeks.